What kind of information does C3 Lighting Solutions collect about its visitors and how is it used?
Every computer connected to the internet is provided with a domain name (e.g., aol.com) as well as an IP Address (e.g., 123.456.78.910). When a visitor requests a page from within the C3 Lighting Solutions website, our web servers automatically identifies and logs the HTTP request that is made to our web server. This information does not reveal anything personal about you. The only information that we automatically gather and log is as follows:
- The IP address of the site that may have referred you to our web site.
- The web page from which you may have linked to our web site.
- Your IP address.
- The operation system platform that may be running (e.g., Windows or Apple).
- The product identifier for and type of web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 6.0)
- Search words or terms that are passed from a search engine (e.g., Google, Yahoo, Lycos, etc.).
- The practices of collecting this data have been generally standardized by virtually every web server on the internet today.
There are two reasons for the gathering of and the use of this information. C3 Lighting Solutions finds it is advantageous to evaluate visitor traffic in aggregate to maximum compatibility for different browsers and operating systems that visit our site. C3 Lighting Solutions also wants to generate more visitor traffic. By analyzing visitation and web site traffic patterns, referring URLs and search engine terms we are able to tailor our marketing programs and web site for better online performance.
What about Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser from our web server. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files that may have been created from other sites. The C3 Lighting Solutions website utilizes cookies in managing our website.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browser’s help feature you can obtain information on how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept certain cookies, your experience at our website and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
What other information does C3 Lighting Solutions request?
We may also request your name, company name, email address, phone number and preferred method of contact. We clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. C3 Lighting Solutions maintains a strict no spam policy. This means we do intend to sell, rent or otherwise give your email name, company name, email address, phone number and preferred method of contact to a third party without your consent.
In addition, C3 Lighting Solutions will not send emails that you have not agreed to receive. By filling out and submitting any of our Contact Us forms, you acknowledge that you want to be contacted by C3 Lighting Solutions and receive information from C3 Lighting Solutions and/or its associated family of companies.
Will C3 Lighting Solutions disclose the information collected to third parties?
C3 Lighting Solutions will not disclose your personal information or any of its log files information unless required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary to:
- Protect and Defend the rights of property of C3 Lighting Solutions or Visitors of C3 Lighting Solutions’ web site.
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on behalf of C3 Lighting Solutions.
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice of the rights of third parties.
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
How to Contact Us
Questions about this statement or about our handling of your information may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to C3 Lighting Solutions Privacy Office, 2907 South Croddy Way, Santa Ana, CA 92704 United States.